Porcelain tile is a durable fired clay product that is a great choice for both commercial and residential applications. Available in an array of designs, colors, and sizes, porcelain tile is an ideal choice for both floor and wall. Whether you are looking for a classic marble tile, a modern concrete design, or a rustic farmhouse wood look, porcelain is the answer. Porcelain tile is a more durable product than ceramic tile and hardwood making it a great choice for high traffic areas.
Advantages of Porcelain Tile:
- A harder and denser product than ceramic tile
- Highly resistant to scratching, stains, and moisture
- Due to the density level it makes it a very low porosity material perfect for showers and wet areas. This also makes it highly stain resistant.
- A durable material that is resistant to strong cleaning products and heavy traffic
- Classified by a PEI rating system, certain porcelains are commercially rated making it durable for foot traffic as well as heavy equipment use
- A frost resistant (and often frost proof) product makes it suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications
- A low maintenance product it does not require any sealing or polishing
- With proper installation and care, porcelain can have a lifespan of 50+ years (residentially) – making it a longer lasting product than most carpets, laminates, and hardwoods
- Offered in a wide range of designs you can find a porcelain tile perfect for all styles. It is made in a variety of limestone, marble, travertine, cement, linen, and hardwood looks, making it suitable for everything from ultra-modern to classic rustic designs